All TYR Performance Swim Suits offer UPF 50+ Protection.
True Youth Fit
We engineer our youth line specifically to fit young, growing athletes. The result is the same high level of fit and performance as our most competitive adult suits.
TYRECO™ Xtra Life Lycra
- Superior Fit
- 360° Degree Range of Motion
- UPF 50+
- - Hits Above The Knee
- - Compressive Fit
- - Free Range of Motion
- - Adjustable Drawcord Waist
- - Made From Recycled Fabric
- - Requires Less Energy to Produce
- - Create Less CO2 Pollution
|Would You Recommend||Yes (3) No (3)|
Oct 22, 2014 | Posted by | Gender: Male Sport Interest: Swimming Age: 18-24
This jammer is amazing. I am blown away by reviews from people that think otherwise. As a life long swimmer, this is what I think of this jammer, of which I own 2.
1) These jammers have a great fit. I wear 32 for all my pants. I bought a 32 jammer and it feels great. It is the right height, right tightness, and has no baggy areas. Do not size up. Only size down if it is your competition suit.
2) Jammers are tight. If your legs are too sensitive to have some pressure on them, stick to board shorts. These are also not for the shy. Like ALL swimsuits, it may cling a little when getting out of the water. If you are that shy, buy something else.
3) Nylon suits wear are much faster than polyester suits. If money is an issue, buy a polyester "Duralast" suit. Those don't feel as nice or fit as nice but they last longer. These nylon suits fit and feel much better, but the material break down faster. Yes, you will have to replace these suits. I have no problem spending $30 for another great jammer.
4) TYR is great quality for much cheaper than Speedo. This suit has good seems, good material, and great color options. For the price, it is perfect.
I have bought 2 of these suits so far and will have no problem buying more of these exact jammers when mine wear out. Great jammer!
Sep 26, 2014 | Posted by | Gender: Male Sport Interest: Swimming Age: 35-44
I like the way the feel on my body I swim easy in water
6 people found this review helpful
Best suit I have found
Jun 15, 2014 | Posted by | Gender: Male Sport Interest: Swimming Age: 25-34
This suit fits me great. Comes up higher in the back than other suits I have worn. I read the other reviews but disagree with the comments about bad fit. I guess that is personal preference. I will say that it wears out quickly and does become see-through within 6 months.
17 people found this review helpful
Tight leg cuff
Aug 29, 2013 | Posted by | Gender: Male Sport Interest: Swimming Age: 35-44
The issue with these jammers for me is the tight leg cuff. It feels like the stitching is not allowing the cuff to stretch as much as the fabric. It feels a like a shockcord tightened around my quad...and I don't have big quads. The rest of the jammer fits fine, so I would not size up to alleviate the issue, that would just make the rest of the jammer fit baggy. I bought a Nike jammer that has a wider leg cuff and I don't feel it after putting it on. The TYR's are un-wearable...too bad, as I love the brand and products up until now...should have returned right away but hoped it would get better as I wore them...bad strategy, as I'm stuck with them now.
85 people found this review helpful
Poor Fit Means Poor Comfort
Aug 23, 2013 | Posted by | Gender: Male Sport Interest: Triathlon Age: 35-44 Size Purchased: 36
These are loose in the crotch/thigh yet tight in the leg cuff and waist. This makes for a saggy fit around your crotch that feels like what I imagine a wet diaper feels like or wet cotton whitey-tighties. Flattering visual, eh? Not.
The material is thin which, beside contributing to the sag, also makes it seem see-through only after a couple months of pool/open-water use. I followed the manufacturer instructions for hand-washing and line-drying.
Speedo Endurance+ material feels much thicker and worthy of abuse without fear or wonder of it being see-through. I have not yet tried TYR's Duralast material.
I have somewhat short legs (31" inseam on a 5'10" tall body) so the 9" inseam on these jammers is a bit on the long side for me but that's personal preference. I purchased a size 36 when I had a 36" waist. There was definite sag then. Since then I've dropped to a 34 and have not even considered using these again.
The design looks nice though but I would not recommend this to a friend.
78 people found this review helpful
Jun 14, 2013 | Posted by | Gender: Male Sport Interest: Triathlon Age: 35-44 Size Purchased: 36
As the previous reviewer mentioned, the fit is poor at best. It feels fine dry but gets saggy and baggy in all the wrong places when wet. Ironically, the leg openings and waist seam seem tight but the crotch and thighs do not hold shape. I considered that perhaps the sizes run smaller but the tightness of the leg openings nixed that idea. Because the fit is so loose, it does not feel fast in the water and thus, performance and overall comfort suffers. As for the material, let's just say it's not as durable as Speedo Endurance+.
96 people found this review helpful
Apr 12, 2013 | Posted by
the fabric at the butt degraded and became see-through within 4 months. White stripe started turning yellow/brown the first week or two. Fits well when dry, but bags and feels loose in the water. Care instructions make it seem more delicate than a raw egg. Really not happy that I have to buy a 2nd suit in a single 5 month swim season. Never again.
94 people found this review helpful
Product Questions & Answers (0)
No questions asked yet