Bring your design innovation to the packaging of products used by some of the world’s most accomplished professional athletes! TYR Sport Inc., the leading manufacturer of competitive swim and triathlon gear, is looking to add an experienced packaging designer to our team.
TYR’s Packaging Designer helps to execute brand vision in the marketplace through attractive packaging and design. Using creative software and sketches the designer will work cross departmentally to ensure cost-effective packaging that meets brand demands and exceeds customer and consumer expectations. In addition, the packaging designer will assist in building retail and event planograms that showcase the brand.
This position is based in Farmingdale, NY, on Long Island. Please apply with your resume, portfolio, cover letter and required pay rate to [email protected]. Please reference Job ID PDweb.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in package design, graphic design or related field\
- 3-5 years of professional experience with demonstrable results.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Strata 3D, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat and MS Office
- Graphic design experience in packaging and planograms
- Solid comprehension of various manufacturing materials and processes in order to develop an original and innovative product line
- Critical thinker who can bring new packaging concepts to life
- Personable and open to critique
- Create digital drafts and designs of TYR product packaging that will be reviewed by internal and external stakeholders.
- Build prototypes of future TYR packaging concepts that will be analyzed by various departments and management teams.
- Manage proofing process to ensure precision.
- Understand the differing packaging needs across various product categories and distribution channels.
- Liaise with various cross-functional teams, including product development, marketing, and merchandising to ensure design specifications are achieved
- Assist in meeting goals pertaining to cost, safety and factory requirements.
- Assess market trends and product details to conceptualize and create new package designs.
- Create digital planograms to exacting standards that maximize brand exposure and product assortment.
- Meet with suppliers, consumer groups and accounts to develop ideas and innovation.
Key Account Manager – Farmingdale, NY
TYR Sport has an opening for a Regional Account Manager. This position is responsible for both maximizing revenue of designated accounts and prospecting or pioneering new accounts.
Applicants who apply must have outside retail sales experience (preferably in the sports apparel or action sports industry).
Description and Functions:
Retail stores managed by this position will include regional and nationwide chains with approximately twenty five doors or more. Candidates will be expected to travel nationally at least fifty percent of the time, including weekends. Other roles and duties include:
-Present and sell TYR product to existing account base and prospective accounts.
-Maximize current account relationships through excellent customer service and value-added propositions.
-Identify new customers/targets and develop action plans to match strategic goals of the Company.
-Project and forecast sales by customer and by product mix to maintain net margin goals.
-Create, execute and manage an advertising budget for each account.
Gauge and understand the competitive landscape and market trends.
Required Skills/ Qualifications:
-8 to 10 years of professional sales experience with demonstrable results.
-Excellent interpersonal skills and business acumen.
-Knowledge of retail and sports apparel industry.
-A strong work ethic with the ability to work beyond the standard day/week.
-Superior follow through and detail orientation.
-Energetic, self-motivated and flexible.
-Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
-Must be able to travel nationally. (50% travel)
Please apply with your cover letter, resume and compensation requirement to [email protected]. Please reference Job ID: KAMweb.
At TYR, we’re more than a community, we’re a team–and our team loves a good perk. In addition to convenient LIRR shuttle service to and from the Farmingdale train station (for our Long Island location), TYR Sport offers competitive compensation, medical and dental benefits and a matching 401k plan.
Our collaborative work atmosphere provides an innovative environment for professional growth and is teeming with the best combination of both athletic and creative talent. Company wide we promote a neat, yet relaxed dress code. Not only does every employee receive a yearly apparel voucher, but we also score discounts on all TYR products. What can we say… we love to sport our gear both in and out of the office!
As a brand we are dedicated to helping people lead healthy and active lives, and our employees are no exception. At TYR we each enjoy earned paid time off, as well as summer Fridays! In order to remain “Always in Front” we believe in the importance of proper work life balance.
Named for TYR, the Norse god of warriors, our company is committed to cultivating a culture of greatness, both in and out of the water. Through vision, pursuit and American ingenuity, we have become a brand synonymous with the athlete.
Like all athletes we work with an intense spirit of competition, but unlike the others, we refuse to stop there. From the planning stages to the production floor, everything we do revolves around synthesizing creativity, experience and sheer will power. For us, engineering the fastest, most advanced performance products is more than just a goal, it’s a requirement.
At TYR, we’re always in front.
For general employment inquiries, please send your resume and a letter of interest about how you can contribute to our team to: [email protected]
If we don’t have a relevant position open now, we will hold onto your credentials for future opportunities.