Be a part of our winning team! TYR’s Assistant Designer will have a clear understanding of the swim and active markets, along with knowledge of the functional construction and technology of activewear. The Assistant Designer will assist with product objectives and will work within the full design lifecycle, from initial concept through development up to final production sample approval.
TYR Sport is a leading edge sports performance apparel manufacturer and proud sponsor of many elite professional triathletes and competitive swimmers. This is an on-site position, based in Farmingdale, NY, on Long Island. Please consider the commute to our Long Island location prior to applying.
Qualified applicants: Please apply with your resume, cover letter, portfolio and salary requirement to [email protected] Please reference Job ID ADweb.
– CAD or hand sketch designer’s concepts for initial board presentations
– Create design tech packs for new style development
– Flat sketch adopted styles in Illustrator program
– Mock up preliminary line sheets for meetings
– Research trends, trims and fabrics for developments as directed by the designer
– Support work during meeting: set up initial line sheets, dress models, hang samples, make copies of line sheets, run errands, etc.
– Work with pattern makers and product managers under designer’s supervision and have garments sewn and organized for meetings
– Research market competitors, industry trends and trade shows for new materials, colors and design trends
– Digitally photograph and catalogue style changes, approved deliveries, and special make-ups as directed
Education and Experience
– Bachelor’s Degree in fashion design
– 3-5 years design experience in the sport apparel or fashion industry
– Must be MAC proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
– Detail oriented; Ability to easily switch gears and take direction
– Strong organizational and follow up skills
– Must be able to illustrate fashion figures and flat sketch
– Sense of urgency and intuitive sense of priorities
– Experience with missy, junior and designer swimwear or performance wear
– Strong sewing and pattern making background a plus
TYR Sport’s Product Tester/ Analyst will represent the voice of the athlete by informing and inspiring TYR’s product creation team throughout the life cycle of product development. In addition to using, testing and reporting on product viability, the Product Tester / Analyst will build relationships with athletes to gain further product insight.
This position is based out of our Long Island office in Farmingdale, NY.
Job Description and Functions:
• Manage the evaluation of fit, function, and durability for all TYR product categories.
• Test TYR products by swimming with, and performing any other relevant athletic activities, while using the product.
• As a result of testing, provide feedback for all product components.
• Test and use competitor products and provide feedback as it relates to TYR product development.
• Plan and execute dynamic and long term product tests tailored to meet specific criteria.
• Share athlete insights and feedback with product teams to influence and inform the design/development direction.
• Work directly with design and development teams to identify which product elements work well and which elements do not work well.
• Provide reliable recommendations to design, marketing, and development teams.
• Analyze quantitative and qualitative data throughout individual tests and program timelines.
• Research with project teams, outside of testing, to help educate on current marketplace and athlete trends.
• Female professional swimmer – Collegiate level or higher – Swimsuit size 26-30.
• Consistently maintain the aesthetics of a professional, competitive female swimmer, including body measurements and proportions, according to company standards.
• Ability to define and track product standards for multiple product lines.
• Ability to record and analyze data and make recommendations based on findings.
• Ability to foster new relationships and research opportunities to find new testing resources.
• Excellent listening, written and spoken communication skills.
• High attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Regularly participates in swim competitions
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Part time schedule will be within company business hours (M-F, 8:30a – 5:30p)
Qualified applicants: Please apply with your resume, a cover letter, which will exhibit your excellent communication skills, along with your desired pay rate to [email protected]. Please reference Job ID PTweb.
At TYR, we’re more than a community, we’re a team–and our team loves a good perk. In addition to convenient LIRR shuttle service to and from the Farmingdale train station (for our Long Island location), TYR Sport offers competitive compensation, medical and dental benefits and a matching 401k plan.
Our collaborative work atmosphere provides an innovative environment for professional growth and is teeming with the best combination of both athletic and creative talent. Company wide we promote a neat, yet relaxed dress code. Not only does every employee receive a yearly apparel voucher, but we also score discounts on all TYR products. What can we say… we love to sport our gear both in and out of the office!
As a brand we are dedicated to helping people lead healthy and active lives, and our employees are no exception. At TYR we each enjoy earned paid time off, as well as summer Fridays! In order to remain “Always in Front” we believe in the importance of proper work life balance.
Named for TYR, the Norse god of warriors, our company is committed to cultivating a culture of greatness, both in and out of the water. Through vision, pursuit and American ingenuity, we have become a brand synonymous with the athlete.
Like all athletes we work with an intense spirit of competition, but unlike the others, we refuse to stop there. From the planning stages to the production floor, everything we do revolves around synthesizing creativity, experience and sheer will power. For us, engineering the fastest, most advanced performance products is more than just a goal, it’s a requirement.
At TYR, we’re always in front.
For general employment inquiries, please send your resume and a letter of interest about how you can contribute to our team to: [email protected]
If we don’t have a relevant position open now, we will hold onto your credentials for future opportunities.