Senior Designer, Swim Hard Goods – Farmingdale, Long Island
TYR Sport has an opening on our design team for an experienced Hard Goods Designer.
As the Senior Designer your responsibility includes designing for all accessory categories including swim caps, swimming goggles, equipment bags, and training equipment for swimmers. The Senior Designer works to create product that is innovative and bold, that communicates an engaging story, and provides consumers with a positive experience.
Education and Experience:
– Bachelors or Masters, Industrial Design
– 7-10 years of professional experience with demonstrable results.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
– Professional knowledge and experience designing molded plastic, foam, TPR, Silicone, and Latex product.
– Proficient in Solidworks, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office.
– Excellent interpersonal skills and business acumen. Must work well in a team environment.
– Must be a swimmer and have knowledge of the swim community.
– Experience with and knowledge of rapid prototyping.
– Superior follow-through and detail orientation.
– Energetic and open mind to creating innovative product for today’s professional athletes.
– Maya and Rhino 3D programs a plus.
– Management experience a plus.
– Conceptualize new product and perfect existing product for the entire breadth of the eyewear and accessories line.
– Advocate on behalf of new product throughout the entire design and production process from early stage concept illustration to sample creation and mass production.
– Meet production deadlines and manage approval process, including first line sample approvals.
– Maintain intimate knowledge of marketplace trends, industry standards, legal compliance, and brand objectives.
– Develop and maximize relationships with factories for product sampling and material capabilities.
– Coordinate with the sports promotions department, sponsored athletes, coaches and the sales team to solicit feedback for product testing and marketplace optimization.
This position is based in Farmingdale, NY, on Long Island. Please only apply if you are able to commute to our Long Island location.
Please apply with your resume, portfolio, cover letter and required pay rate to [email protected] Please reference Job ID HGweb.
Key Account Manager – Farmingdale, NY
TYR Sport has an opening for a Regional Account Manager. This position is responsible for both maximizing revenue of designated accounts and prospecting or pioneering new accounts.
Applicants who apply must have outside retail sales experience (preferably in the sports apparel or action sports industry).
Description and Functions:
Retail stores managed by this position will include regional and nationwide chains with approximately twenty five doors or more. Candidates will be expected to travel nationally at least fifty percent of the time, including weekends. Other roles and duties include:
- Present and sell TYR product to existing account base and prospective accounts.
- Maximize current account relationships through excellent customer service and value-added propositions.
- Identify new customers/targets and develop action plans to match strategic goals of the Company.
- Project and forecast sales by customer and by product mix to maintain net margin goals.
- Create, execute and manage an advertising budget for each account.
- Gauge and understand the competitive landscape and market trends.
Required Skills/ Qualifications:
- 8 to 10 years of professional sales experience with demonstrable results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and business acumen.
- Knowledge of retail and sports apparel industry.
- A strong work ethic with the ability to work beyond the standard day/week.
- Superior follow through and detail orientation.
- Energetic, self-motivated and flexible.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to travel nationally. (50% travel)
Please apply with your cover letter, resume and compensation requirement to [email protected]. Please reference Job ID: KAMweb.
At TYR, we’re more than a community, we’re a team–and our team loves a good perk. In addition to convenient LIRR shuttle service to and from the Farmingdale train station (for our Long Island location), TYR Sport offers competitive compensation, medical and dental benefits and a matching 401k plan.
Our collaborative work atmosphere provides an innovative environment for professional growth and is teeming with the best combination of both athletic and creative talent. Company wide we promote a neat, yet relaxed dress code. Not only does every employee receive a yearly apparel voucher, but we also score discounts on all TYR products. What can we say… we love to sport our gear both in and out of the office!
As a brand we are dedicated to helping people lead healthy and active lives, and our employees are no exception. At TYR we each enjoy earned paid time off, as well as summer Fridays! In order to remain “Always in Front” we believe in the importance of proper work life balance.
Named for TYR, the Norse god of warriors, our company is committed to cultivating a culture of greatness, both in and out of the water. Through vision, pursuit and American ingenuity, we have become a brand synonymous with the athlete.
Like all athletes we work with an intense spirit of competition, but unlike the others, we refuse to stop there. From the planning stages to the production floor, everything we do revolves around synthesizing creativity, experience and sheer will power. For us, engineering the fastest, most advanced performance products is more than just a goal, it’s a requirement.
At TYR, we’re always in front.
For general employment inquiries, please send your resume and a letter of interest about how you can contribute to our team to: [email protected]
If we don’t have a relevant position open now, we will hold onto your credentials for future opportunities.