TYR Sport’s Product Tester/ Analyst will represent the voice of the athlete by informing and inspiring TYR’s product creation team throughout the life cycle of product development. In addition to using, testing and reporting on product viability, the Product Tester / Analyst will build relationships with athletes to gain further product insight.
This position is based out of our Long Island office in Farmingdale, NY.
Job Description and Functions:
• Manage the evaluation of fit, function, and durability for all TYR product categories.
• Test TYR products by swimming with, and performing any other relevant athletic activities, while using the product.
• As a result of testing, provide feedback for all product components.
• Test and use competitor products and provide feedback as it relates to TYR product development.
• Plan and execute dynamic and long-term product tests tailored to meet specific criteria.
• Share athlete insights and feedback with product teams to influence and inform the design/development direction.
• Work directly with design and development teams to identify which product elements work well and which elements do not work well.
• Provide reliable recommendations to design, marketing, and development teams.
• Analyze quantitative and qualitative data throughout individual tests and program timelines.
• Research with project teams, outside of testing, to help educate on current marketplace and athlete trends.
• Female professional swimmer – Collegiate level or higher – Swimsuit size 26-30.
• Consistently maintain the aesthetics of a professional, competitive female swimmer, including body measurements and proportions, according to company standards.
• Ability to define and track product standards for multiple product lines.
• Ability to record and analyze data and make recommendations based on findings.
• Ability to foster new relationships and research opportunities to find new testing resources.
• Excellent listening, written and spoken communication skills.
• High attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Regularly participates in swim competitions
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Part-time schedule will be within company business hours (M-F, 8:30a – 5:30p)
Qualified applicants: Please apply with your resume, a cover letter, which will exhibit your excellent communication skills, along with your desired pay rate to [email protected]. Please reference Job ID PTweb.