How to put on a women’s tech suit
Technical suits are specially designed for swimmers competing at high levels of competition. The right size tech suit should have a tight fit, compressed feel and take time to put on.
Failure to follow these guidelines may result in ripping or tearing of the technical suit.
*Please note, the athlete is wearing a swimsuit underneath for this fit guide ONLY and will be putting on a TYR Avictor tech suit.
Helpful Starting Tips
- Gloves and plastic bags for the feet can be used to aid in dressing.
- Both the swimmer and the tech suit should be dry at the start of this process.
- Fingernails should be trimmed and smooth to avoid damage to the suit.
Tech Suit Fitting
To begin, insert one foot at a time through the neck opening.
Next, flip up the bottom leg grippers. This will make the suit easier to slip on.
Raise the tech suit by pulling up, stopping just below the knee. Repeat for the second leg.
Pull each suit leg over the knee until both are even.
Slowly keep pulling up on each side of the suit until the legs are fully covered. This process may take several attempts/minutes. At this point excess fabric from the suit body should be sitting on top of the thighs.
Once the legs of the suit are in place, it is time to ease the suit over the hips/bottom. This too should take several attempts.
Next, adjust the center seams until they have been lifted as much as possible. Once they are resting on the body, you may begin pulling the suit over the torso.
Lift the suit over the torso until it reaches the bust area.
With the suit resting just below the bust, place one arm into the armhole. When doing this you will need to lower and bend the arm to maneuver yourself in. As a result of the suit’s compression, this may take time. Repeat with the second arm.
After the suit is entirely on, check that the center seams are against the body, the bust is securely in place and all side seams are aligned.
Flip each leg gripper down and move freely. Lift the legs to ensure the suit is in place.
Finally, enjoy your tech suit!
REMOVING YOUR WOMEN’S TECH SUIT
- Female tech suits should only be worn during elite events and taken off in between races.
- To begin, peel the tech suit off of your body, leaving it inside out as you go.
- Remember to avoid using the fingernails when pulling off your suit.
- Once the suit is off, turn it right-side out and follow care instructions.
- Rinse immediately in cold water.
- Avoid using bleach.
- Do not iron.
- Do not dry clean.
- Lay the suit out at to dry.
- Leaving a tech suit in the sun can lead to a more rapid breakdown of fabric. To ensure optimal shelf life, place your suit in the bag provided.